Facebook Timeline March 18 to May 24, 2018
The recent timeline of Facebook events highlights the need for many companies to perform a privacy gap analysis and develop a plan to close this financial and reputational risk exposure.
- Cambridge Analytica releases private user data obtained from FB
- Negative publicity
- FB decides to perform internal audit
- Congressional hearings
- UK Parliament hearings
- Sufficiency and transparency of FB practices called into question
- FB updates its community standards
- FB pulls data centers out of Ireland to escape GDPR exposure
- GDPR goes into effect
- $4B in lawsuits filed against FB day after GDPR goes into effect
- Internet/Privacy Bill of Rights gains momentum in U.S.