5 Things to Cut From Your Life in Order to be Successful
I recently read an article by Tim Denning of Entrepreneur.com about success, the article had a list of 16 Things Your Successful Friends Have Given Up. I compiled my favorite five and added a few of my own anecdotes on how I gave these up.
1. They’ve given up on negative thoughts. This is a lot easier said than done. I have worked on eliminating negative self talk through meditation and the principles meditation has taught me. I have learned that it is okay if a negative thought comes into your head, but you must let it pass and not dwell on it. Dwelling on the negative is what blocks your mind from success. The next time a negative thought pops into your head, acknowledge it, counter it and let it pass.
2. They’ve given up on time wasting. "Procrastinating is something your successful friends are really bad at. They have faith in what they can achieve and just get started on the goal. They treat life like every moment is precious, and they don’t want to waste a second of it." Procrastinating only harms you and makes negative thoughts creep into your head about time management. Instead of putting things off, do them when they come up so at the end of the day you don't have the stress of procrastination.
3. They’ve given up on negative people. This was difficult for me to do, but once I did my life was instantly transformed for the better. Negative people drag you down, they make you feel as though your dreams aren't attainable because they require so much work. It may be too much work for them, but don't let their lack of work ethic bring you down. "Your successful friends avoid losers and treat them like they’re infected with malaria."
4. They’ve given up on luck. "Luck is a myth straight out. Your successful friends stopped believing in it a long time ago and have replaced luck with 'hustle'." Dreams don't work unless you do and waiting for luck to come around isn't going to bring you any closer to success. You have to hustle and work for your dreams.
5. They’ve given up on BS. "Your BS tolerance has to be at an all-time low for you to be successful. Don’t put up with your own BS and other people’s BS anymore." Truth and meaning are what you should be surrounding yourself with and leaving BS in the trash. Walk away from the BS and your life will be transformed for the better.